Thursday, September 13, 2012

Portland OR Anyone?

I'm so excited to be getting ready for Art & Soul Portland!  Oct 1-7th there will be art and friendship and partying to no end at the Red Lion on the River!  Not only will I get to celebrate with my wonderful students, enjoy making fabulous art but I also my art BFF's who live so far, and yet we can finish each other's sentences because we "get" each other!  We only get to see each other a few times a year, but make the time count!
Some of my classes are sold out already, but I still have a few spaces left in my
Rockin' Resin Reliquaries journal class on Monday where we will make lovely resin covered journals that are perfect for any occasion.  Not only will we play with Ice resin to make the lovely covers, but also, I'll be sharing all the background techniques I use in the journals I have been working in for the Sketchbook Challenge.

On Tuesday, it's the LAST opportunity to take my Fluid Romance class, for after 3 years of wonderful classes, it will be retired after Portland.  Hurry and sign up, as there are only a few spots left ;-)
Its a great class to not only learn all about Fluid Acrylics and your mediums, but also to learn some awesome collage and painting techniques.  Everyone walks out with gorgeous pieces!

On Wednesday my Delectable Doodles class will take you to new lands of possibility with your own lettering and handwriting styles!  It's full, but will be offered again in Virginia.

On Thursday in the Stamps & Stencils Journals, we will celebrate making our own papers with Stamps, stencils and shhh!  (THERMOFAX Screens) and then cover and bind our very own unique journal.  The sturdy, yet easy to handle stitch allows for our beautiful covered background journals to lie flat when opened, so we can continue working on them.

If you've never been to an Art Retreat- NOW is the time!  C'mon, I'll keep the porch light on for ya!



2 comments:

Joanne Huffman said...

Great looking classes. I know your students will enjoy them.

Jeanie said...

Kari, just have to say that you created a monster with those journals you showed us in Haslett! I've made a lot of them, all sizes from 4" square to the size we did in class! Now, if I could just get my act together to bind them -- the painting is fun. The binding, not so!