Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Gratitude Journal Day 8


Wow! Eight days have gone by, and I truly feel up-lifted. I feel inspired to keep going. I feel as if good things are happening because of this attitude change. (Or, more likely, they always happened, and I took them for granted before.) I feel light and happy inside, although there are things I could be feeling stressed about, they are not really bothering me as much as they would have a week ago. Personally, I am a bit shocked. I didn't think this gratitude attitude would be such a big change. Apparently I was wrong. Counting blessings along with doing art everyday just for myself seems to be the magic endorphin button.


Today I find myself being grateful for those women who broke out of the "expected" roles for women, and made my life easier today. I appreciate not always having to be the snowplow. I appreciate the struggles they had, so it could be better for me. They made being strong look easy. I wonder if I could have stuck it out thru the same challenges they went through with grace. I'm not so sure I could. So I'm grateful that I don't have to.

1 comment:

Joanne Huffman said...

I totally agree with you about the benefits of consciously counting blessings and benefits. And, I certainly agree about being grateful for the women who have blazed trails (and are still doing so) for us.

Joanne