Monday, January 7, 2008

Artful Losers

Last night my cousin Laura came over, and we had a great time catching up and hanging out in the studio. She did a bit of work on a journal, and I piddled around sorting things and putting stuff away. It was sooo nice to have someone in there to talk to while I straightened a little. Still have tons of projects out in various stages of completion, but it is a little better. I can see patches of surface area now! I didn't make it to church, as I am still avoiding crowds of people due to the continuing hacking cough from bronchitis, so it was nice to see her.

Funny, she and I were discussing our goals to find increased happiness and help others to do the same this year. We are going to informally team up and see what happens. My Dad always told me the best way to get what you want out of life is to help enough others get what they want out of life. So that is what I want to do.

Many of you who know me know that my weight has been a battle for me ever since I was burned in the tractor accident in my college years. That forced inactivity, along with the 6 years down with chronic fatigue and severe asthma has taken it's toll. Well it's been 10 years since the chronic fatigue now, so it's time. This is the year I'm serious about getting all the extra off.

I've got a couple of friends I'm going to recruit as accountability partners. My idea is this, we each encourage each other, and keep each other inspired! I've started a yahoo group just for this purpose. Artful_Losers. Through constant positive reinforcement, and with an art incentive every now and then, I hope we can all achieve our goals. For example, every time one of us hits a smaller goal, say 10 lbs, the others can all send them a small piece of and made art, or a small bit of ephemera as a reward and celebration. Other challenges and tips will be freely shared as well. If you would like to join in, please e-mail me, and I'll send you a group invite to join. I freely admit that I started this group because I NEEDED it. I hope it will fill a need for you too! I have a dream of it being a totally non-judgemental, supportive and positive world we can escape to when we need a boost. A place for tips to be shared, and troubles to be shared as well. A place where we all know the same pain, and the same passion for art. This hopefully will be that place. I would also like it to be a place of positive strokes and incentive rewards. As accountability partners, we will each encourage the other, and keep each other inspired! With an art incentive every now and then, I hope we can all achieve our goals together. Other challenges and tips will be freely shared as well. What do you say? Would you like to play? I've got alot of hard work ahead of me, and having friends in the same boat along with me would make it so much easier.

No comments: