Thursday, October 18, 2007

Charms Charms Charms


I seem to be in a charm mode lately. 2 charm swaps in a month. And the attraction seems to be growing! As I was finishing these up the other night, I found myself considering making more as Christmas presents! I am also hostessing 2 charm swaps that will be due early next year. I loved working with this particular batch! I used antique wooden poker chips as the base, then applied TLS to them, touched them with rubber stamps to remove some of the TLS and baked. Next, I used Sculpey III to make the little "frames" for little bits I had punched from old Christmas cards. A dab of TLS, an eyepin, and I stuck the frames to the baked chips, popped them in the oven and baked again. Easy-Peasy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kari! I was so excited to see your name on a comment to my blog...welcome to blog-dom! Here I was feeling bad I didn't know you had a blog, and I find out it is NEW. I love these charms..charming!

By the way, the globes are from Hobby Lobby and they are currently on sale! I sure hope they don't end up leaking, because they are acrylic, not glass. But they seem much better made than some I have seen.

Good luck with the blog...I have you marked in my favs now!