Sunday, October 28, 2007

Flat Sissies Fatbook Swap






Earlier this year, for the Sisters_of_the_Secret_Fatbook_Society yahoo group , I organized a fatbook swap called "Flat Sissies." I had in mind the best of both worlds, Paper Dolls and Fatbooks. Sixteen of the Sisters signed up, and I had them each mail their "character" in to be swapped and sent to the other players. Then each player dressed, and created scenes or adventures for everyone elses's character, as well as creating multiples of an intro page for their own character.


Now the pages have all come in, and the hullabaloo of swapping and binding has begun. The finished product is that each sister has an entire book of their own character, dressed by each of the other sisters, and a little story of what they did when they visited. They also have at the back of the book, a "friends" section, where a copy of each of the other players characters makes an appearance.


Each of the players did a wonderful job and took their "play" seriously. The resulting books are surprising, unique and wonderful.


The books are set to go in the mail on Monday morning, so I'm not spoiling any surprises by posting my pages today. These are the pages I created, starting with the intro page for my own character "Adelheid." I love old European advertising art, so each of my "sissies" I put into an ode to some of my favorite pieces. I tried to give the original artist credit by naming them or the title of the piece somewhere in the story. These are before I hand embellished them with glitter and jewelry and other bobeches.


I hope you enjoy!

1 comment:

Aileen said...

Great artwork Kari, I've really enjoyed perusing your blog! Thanks so much for sharing :-)