Friday, February 18, 2011

Having fun in the studio!

Betty, Kari, Joe R, and Joe M
Remember a little while ago I told you about this fabulous SCAL program that allows you to cut anything you design using your Cricut? Well I am so impressed with it that I invited the design team over for lunch. WOW! Did we ever have a good time! Joe Rotella, Joe Morgan and Betty Scott, Mike and I enjoyed each others company over yummy lunch and a delicious Cherry Chocolate cake that they brought. (If I hadn't had all the good art ideas and conversaiton to distract me, THAT chocolate siren would have lured me away from my healthy diet entirely!)

Blossom and Rascal really took to them too- and in my book if my doggies love you -you are A-OK!Any of you cricut owners who love the machine, but aren't so fond of buying cartridges to take a peek at their info. I find the SCAL program VERY easy to learn. (If you have used any Adobe Photoshop or PE programs, you will know it automatically!) But with or without any prior experience, Joe easily can get you up and running like a pro in just a couple hours!
http://www.createncraft.com/
I will be doing a PREVIEW reveal of my new line of stencils created with SCAL from my artwork Feb 26-March 4 in my classes at Art & Soul Las Vegas. There will be lots of give-aways!
And in other fun news, the Spring issue of Coth Paper Scissors Studios was advertised in Cloth Paper Scissors Today. I was tickled to see how they described me/my studio...

Incredibly enthusiastic mixed-media artist Kari McKnight-Holbrook loves old things. She uses cigar boxes for embellishments, wire card holders for letters and cabinet cards, old muffin tins (image below) and lunch trays for sorting.Check out all the other talented artists and their useful organizational tips and tricks in Spring Studios!

3 comments:

jackie said...

Yay!!! Sounds like a wonderful new product/program!
And your studio looks great!
Hurray for the description of your studio! Can't wait for the issue!
Again, I am so happy for you - so many positive things are coming your way - you so richly deserve them!!

Kathy McElroy said...

Everything is going so great for you. Congrats on your new stencil line. Sounds like you had a wonderful day.
Can't wait for the magazine to come out.

Joanne Huffman said...

How cool to have a stencil line! Of course your studio is featured - it's one of the nicest studios I've ever been in.