Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Art & Tea Party


~Laura, Shelly, and Barbie enjoying some friend time~
Many people have been asking what happens at my Art & Tea parties. Thanks to my friend Shelly Grim, now I have pictures to show! Generally the whole thing gets started by the guest of honor and I getting together to create the invitations.
~Barbie bravely trying a new technique~
The day of the party, I have everything ready and all supplies laid out and ready to go in the studio. I then demonstrate the project, and the artists begin creating.
~Tea Baskets for lunch, all home-made goodness~
At a good stopping point (usually waiting for something to dry or cure) we head downstairs to the dinning room for a leisurely luncheon.
~Cindy and Shellys mom chatting as they work on their art~
After lunch, it's back up to the studio, and finish up the project. The day finishes up with home-made dessert. It's a great time to hang out and socialize with friends and crank up the creativity!
~ Shelly and her Mom enjoying time spent together~
For those with less time, I offer a pizza party & project, or solely art lessons and craft workshops.


~Some of the day's projects~

3 comments:

jackie said...

How delightful! This looks so organized and so much fun! That food looks elegant and yummy! Wish I could see it closer! I admire you for being able to do this during your mourning - I'm sure it was difficult but also good to keep your mind occupied.
The projects look fun and creative!

decorators fabric said...

The food looks so delicious, I hope you had a great time girls. Thanks for sharing your wonderful art tea party.

Boracay hotel rooms said...

Oh! Girls I’ve never tried art tea party before, I’ve got to tell my friends about this wonderful idea of having a tea and art party...oh! And I must say the party looks fabulous.